Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Finally home





It's been a while since I have kept up with the blog. We've had a busy two weeks. Audrey was released from the hospital on New Year's Eve. What a way to kick of the new year!!! We were all so tired and fell asleep just before midnight. We stayed at the hospital the night before Audrey was released and probably slept two full hours.

The first two nights were absolutely exhausting. Audrey cried all night and slept most of the day. We tried playing the radio, turning on some lights, rocking her, and nothing helped. Finally, I realized I wasn't feeding her enough. She left the hospital eating 75 ml and within two days she ate 100 to 115 ml. She slept like an angel after. The unfortunate thing is she takes 7 different meds and we have to interrupt her sleep to take them.

Audrey was born with a hemangioma. These are common in preemie girls and can appear anywhere on their little bodies. Hers just happens to sit on her shoulder touching her neck. It constantly bleeds and, in fact, her platelets were very low. The first week we were home Audrey saw the hematologist, pediatrician, and the dermatologist. Hopefully, laser surgery can be performed next month and we will done with it.

I would love to thank everyone for their support, thoughts, and prayers. I beleive it got us through the 3 1/2 months in the NICU. Our family and friends were amazing and hope everyone can soon meet Audrey.

Finally, thank you to every special nurse and doctor we had the previlage to meet. Each of you provided so much comfort to our family during this stressful time. Thank you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on being home! We miss Audrey here in the NICU but we're so glad she's at home. We can't wait for her to come visit when she gets bigger!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete